2024 Tucson Reptile & Amphibian Show & Sale
The 2023 Show Sold Out of Vendor Space 2 to 3 Months Early. Think Ahead & Book Early
New Venue (Second Year Anyway):
Pima County Fairgrounds, Old Pueblo Hall
Ten Minutes on I-10 Past Alvernon (The Old Venue)
October 5 & 6, 2024
11300 So. Houghton Rd.
Liability insurance is not required for private vendors, but it’s not a bad idea. Commercial vendors must list the Tucson Reptile Show LLC and the Southwestern Fair Commission, INC. & Pima County and Its Districts as additional insured. Just contact your Ins company, they will be happy to do it. Send me or bring with you a ‘Certificate of Liability Insurance’
The Show Will Be Saturday & Sunday October 5 & 6, 2024
Saturday 9:30am – 5pm & Sunday 10am – 4pm
Setup Friday October 4, 12pm – 8pm & Sat 8am – 9:30am. Sunday, vendor entry at 9am
Please make every effort to load in on Friday. Side panel doors can be used. Only the main doors will be open for Saturday morning load in (for air conditioning reasons)
The Tucson Reptile & Amphibian Show is in its twenty-second year. The New Venue Is the Pima County Fairgrounds, Old Pueblo Hall. The layout of the show will be 10 x 10 foot bar and drape booths. You may set up your booth space in any way you want. You may bring extra tables, but everything must fit within your space, no exceptions.
Bring Your Own Table Coverings.
Standard Booth (One open side. Includes one 8′ table): $250
Corner Booth (Two open sides. Includes Two 8′ tables): $325
End Caps (2 corner booths, 32 feet of potential front space. Four tables are included): $650 The new venue will allow a greater number of corners and end caps. Corners & End Caps are on a first come basis (when we receive your check).
Electricity: $30 per 500 watts. Count your watts. A whole bunch of halogen can add up.
Extra 8′ tables: $30.
Vendor Badges: Initial booth includes up to four vendor badges. Each additional booth includes up to two more badges each. Beyond this, extra vendor badges are $10.
The Fairground charges $8.00 for Parking.
(Last I heard LA Co fairgrounds charged $30)
The 2023 show attracted Between 10,000 & 12,000 visitors (we kind of lost count this year). Most vendors did well financially, despite the WIFI outage on Saturday, (but be aware that our job is to bring in a ton of people; your job is to be aware of the basics of supply and demand economics and be friendly. If nobody wants what you are selling, that’s your problem. If you sit at the back of your booth and don’t bother to engage people, you probably won’t be happy with your bottom line). The advertising campaign this year will be at least as aggressive as last year. This will include display ads and listings in The Arizona Daily Star, The Tucson Weekly, The Bear Essential News, the University of Arizona paper, the Davis Montham Air Force Base paper, The Dandy Dime, Tucson Explorer, listing in Reptiles Magazine, and any other rag that will have me; this web site linked to other sites and aggressive online marketing. We will also have radio spots running on four Tucson radio stations, TV commercials on two network affiliates and at least two local stations the week of the show and appearances by us on local radio and television. Most importantly, we will post and distribute at least 50,000 fliers through Tucson and Phoenix pet stores, other businesses, The University of Arizona, Pima College, Arizona State University and places where herpers like to hang out–sleazy bars, tattoo parlors, Texas, desert washes, etc. In 2023 we had large ads on 10 city buses throughout Tucson. Please let me know if you saw them and whether you think they are worth it. It was quite expensive. email@example.com
If you plan on being a vendor and would like a bunch of fliers to do with what you please; just ask. Hopefully this won’t include wallpapering your bedroom. If you do use them as wallpaper, please send me a photo for the site. You can also download a pdf of the flier below.
Click here to download A jpg of the Show Flier (No Flier Yet)
There will be at least 2 ATMs at the show (As long as we don’t have an internet disruption).
There is WIFI on the Site. It works well. One of many reasons for the venue change. Yes Don’t remind me about The Saturday WIFI failure. It was construction work on Houghton. A freak occurrence.
Please try to send a completed application and fee as early as possible. Hall rental and advertising is expensive. Early payments will enhance our ability to promote the show to the fullest extent. Payment received after September 5, 2024 must include a $50 late fee. In past years the show has sold out of space up to eight weeks or more prior to the event.
Please do not wait until the last minute. Placement in the show is somewhat due to how early we receive your application and check. An application without the fee does not guarantee anything.
If you intend to be a Vendor, please email or call me as far in advance as possible. This will allow me to put you on the web site vendor list and if you have a web site, to list you in the link section if you request. Many vendors come to the show with sales already made.
Security will be provided during the show and Friday & Saturday night. Please take steps to detour theft. Mainly, do not leave your table unattended. However, the promoters of the show (Tucson Reptile Show LLC) will assume no responsibility for lost or stolen property.
The Tucson Reptile & Amphibian Show has been a Captive Bred Only Show. Two years ago I decided to allow healthy imports that have been in captivity and quarantined long enough to exclude disease and have been inspected by qualified personal (Please have documentation available). All non-captive bred animals Must be labeled as such. I will have Large Stickers Saying ‘Not Captive Bred‘, that I will affix to displays that are not labeled as such. If you would prefer to have your own friendly labels rather than mine, please keep this in mind.
The Show Veterinarian will be inspecting vendor’s animals. Any animals that are deemed unhealthy must be removed from display.
All vendors, large or small, are welcome. However, we reserve the right to reject an application without reason. Don’t worry, our reasoning ability is quite limited. Unprofessional behavior at a prior show or an unprofessional reputation might do it though (it has happened). You can rest assured that we will not take into consideration race, creed, sex, gender preference or orientation, intelligence or lack of it, hair color, amount of hair or where it grows, or the number of tattoos and piercing you may possess. However, severely obnoxious body odor may play a role; please shower. If you have lice, we suggest you call the Pima county health department. A TB skin test or chest x-ray is not required. At this time, please turn your head to the left and cough. If you feel any pain in your groin, call your doctor.
- Captive bred reptiles and amphibians and healthy, vetted imports as discussed in the section above are allowed. Invertebrates and the Duck Billed Platypus are exempt from this rule. Other exceptions may be made if you contact me well in advance. There will be no dogs or cats. Certain mammals may be allowed, but only if cleared in advance.
- No Arizona native or venomous animals may be exhibited for sale. Rear fanged snakes that are legal in Arizona (see Game and Fish regulations), invertebrates and the platypus are exempt from this rule.
- The Department of Game & Fish, herpetological societies & Zoos may display legal venomous and native wildlife. Venomous vertebrates must be kept in locked cages and not removed during show hours. Any injuries due to animals, of any kind, are the sole responsibility of the vendor. A liability insurance certificate must be filed with us (Tucson Reptile Show LLC) prior to the show if you display venomous vertebrates.
- All animals must be healthy and properly housed. Any animal deemed by the show staff to be unhealthy must be removed from display to protect other animals.
- All vendors are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manor. Inappropriate behavior (angry outbursts, verbal threats or physical violence) will result in vendors being barred from future shows and possibly being asked to leave the show.
- Vendors are required to man their tables until the end of the show.
- You must supply customers with a receipt that will be checked at the door. Up to date contact information (so the customer can contact you after the show) must be supplied with all sales. A limited number of receipt books will be available at the show for sale for $5.00 (at Office Max or Depot they are cheaper).
- No firearms are allowed in the show except for Arizona Game & Fish, show security and law enforcement personnel.
- Only registered vendors are permitted to sell or display merchandise either in the show building or on the grounds of the show facility. Please do not instruct non-vendors to bring animals to the show for personal purchase or trade, they will not be allowed in. (You can meet someone outside the show, but only a vendor can bring in an animal).
- All vendors must comply with all applicable tax regulations.
- All laws regarding protected and restricted species must be followed. It is the responsibility of the vendor to be familiar with the laws.
- Table fees in whole or in part are refundable at the discretion of the promoters. No refunds will be granted less than one month prior to the show.
- Security will be provided during show hours, as well as Friday night and Saturday night. However the Tucson Reptile Show LLC will assume no responsibility for lost or stolen items.
- Table sharing, up to three vendors per booth, is allowed. Each vendor must comply with all applicable tax regulations.